Woodland wonderlands near Suffolk beauty spot go on market
- Credit: Archant
Two woods near a Suffolk beauty spot are being offered up for sale as a whole or in two lots.
Offers are being invited for Bylam Woods (17 acres) and Spring Covert (10 acres), which lie near Pin Mill, on the Shotley Peninsula.
Agatha Mount, of agents Savills, said the eastern part of Bylam Wood is Ancient Replanted Woodland and both woods are a “valuable habitat” for invertebrates, birds, and woodland plants.
The woodlands are stocked with a mix of trees including sweet chestnut, oak, silver birch, some cherry trees and semi-mature Scots pines.
Both woodlands have small glades of bluebells and foxgloves and Spring Covert includes the remains of a pond, which could be re-instated. The woods were part of an estate owned by the Berner family, which was sold off early in the last century.
You may also want to watch:
Few individual woods are offered for sale, so this was “a rare opportunity” in a popular and attractive location, said Savills.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 3 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 4 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 5 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 6 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 7 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 8 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 9 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 10 How many of these 11 award-winning Suffolk food businesses do you know?