SaxonAir adds to fleet at Stansted with delivery of Embraer Legacy 500 business jet
- Credit: Archant
Air charter operator SaxonAir has added of one of the most advanced super mid-sized business jets to its London-based fleet.
The Legacy 500 is the first aircraft in its category to feature digital flight controls based on Fly-By-Wire technology and also features graphical flight planning, auto brakes and Synthetic Vision.
SaxonAir is based at Norwich International Airport but also has bases at Stansted and Luton.
Chief executive Alex Durand said: “The Legacy 500’s capability to take-off from shorter airfields establishes a tremendous opportunity for our customers to travel from airports closer to their destination such as London City Airport, which is notoriously problematic for many other aircraft in its category to operate from.
“Combine this with the aircraft’s ability to fly over 3,000 nautical miles and reach destinations such as Dubai non-stop, the Legacy 500 will facilitate the requirements of practically any business or leisure customer.”
You may also want to watch:
The new jet, G-SUEJ, is fitted with a fully-equipped galley and the latest in cabin connectivity, including WiFi, SatPhone and a high-definition inflight entertainment, displayed on multiple 19-inch full HD screens with individual touchscreen and wireless iPad/iPhone controls.
Its cabin is among the largest in its class and its 110 cubic feet of main baggage capacity, complemented by a generous inflight-accessible baggage compartment and cabin stowage space, enables travellers to carry additional luggage for longer journeys.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 3 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 4 Busy high street taped off by police
- 5 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 6 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe park
- 7 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 8 'Too many men can cause a problem' - Ashton says quality, not quantity, is key in Town's squad rebuild
- 9 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
- 10 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches
Mr Durand added: “The addition of the Legacy 500 and its exceptional qualities to our already versatile fleet demonstrates our commitment and ability to deliver the most modern, advanced and luxurious experience for our customers.
“With its functionality to berth its six club seats and spacious divan into four beds for longer journeys, the Legacy 500 will deliver a complete solution to our customers.
“Combine this with he Legacy 500’s cabin altitude of just 6,000 feet at high altitude and reputation as a leading player for exceptionally low cabin noise, our customers will arrive at their destination feeling increasingly refreshed.”