Scarlett & Mustard secures Marks & Spencer listing
- Credit: Archant
Suffolk dressings producer Scarlett & Mustard has secured a listing with Marks & Spencer.
From this week, the Earl Soham-based company’s Pumpkin Seed Oil is available from 343 M&S food halls across the UK.
“We are absolutely thrilled that our lovely bottles will be on the shelves of one of the UK’s most presitigous food retailers, where quality and provenance are of the utmost importance – values which resonate deeply with our own ethos” said Scarlett & Mustard co-founder Sandy Ruddock. “We may be small, but we can still make a big impact!”
The pumpkin seeds, which are sourced from Slovenia, are medium roasted and then cold pressed to produce a dark green oil which is described as intensely nutty in flavour, low in saturated fat and high in vitamin E.
The oil is said to be not only ideal for drizzling over salads and roasted vegetable and into soups but also to work with with vanilla ice cream.
It can also be used to make dressings, pestos and sauces.
Scarlett & Mustard was founded in March 2012 by Sandy Ruddock and Julian Pollard, starting with two dressings inspired by Sandy’s family and made at her kitchen table.
- 1 Double-decker bus bought on eBay becomes new home for evicted Suffolk family
- 2 Emergency services attending incident in Suffolk town
- 3 Revealed: The most isolated villages in Suffolk
- 4 Unclaimed £83k winning EuroMillions lottery ticket was bought in Suffolk
- 5 Body of woman found in river in Hadleigh
- 6 Suffolk cinema to allow dog owners to bring their pets to watch films
- 7 Suspected wanted man chased through Suffolk village
- 8 The Range secures huge logistics hub at new A14 business park
- 9 New owners of west Suffolk sandwich shop promise 'food full of passion'
- 10 'Abandoned' cottage and studio up for sale after huge renovation
The range now comprises nine dressings as well as the Pumpkin Seed Oil, Infused Rapeseed Oils, Billy’s Chilli Jam and Curd Herd fruit curds.
Scarlett & Mustard’s products are also available in other prestigious retailers such as Harvey Nichols, Harrods, Fortnum & Mason and Selfridges as well as more than 700 farm shops and independent retailers across the UK.