Scarlett & Mustard secures Marks & Spencer listing
- Credit: Archant
Suffolk dressings producer Scarlett & Mustard has secured a listing with Marks & Spencer.
From this week, the Earl Soham-based company’s Pumpkin Seed Oil is available from 343 M&S food halls across the UK.
“We are absolutely thrilled that our lovely bottles will be on the shelves of one of the UK’s most presitigous food retailers, where quality and provenance are of the utmost importance – values which resonate deeply with our own ethos” said Scarlett & Mustard co-founder Sandy Ruddock. “We may be small, but we can still make a big impact!”
The pumpkin seeds, which are sourced from Slovenia, are medium roasted and then cold pressed to produce a dark green oil which is described as intensely nutty in flavour, low in saturated fat and high in vitamin E.
The oil is said to be not only ideal for drizzling over salads and roasted vegetable and into soups but also to work with with vanilla ice cream.
You may also want to watch:
It can also be used to make dressings, pestos and sauces.
Scarlett & Mustard was founded in March 2012 by Sandy Ruddock and Julian Pollard, starting with two dressings inspired by Sandy’s family and made at her kitchen table.
- 1 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 2 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 3 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 4 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 5 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 6 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 7 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'consider £350k bid' for keeper
- 8 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
- 9 Comedian Jack Whitehall visits Suffolk's 'most incredible' Wilderness Reserve
- 10 'Absolutely the right manager for this football club' - Ashton backs Cook to turn Town around
The range now comprises nine dressings as well as the Pumpkin Seed Oil, Infused Rapeseed Oils, Billy’s Chilli Jam and Curd Herd fruit curds.
Scarlett & Mustard’s products are also available in other prestigious retailers such as Harvey Nichols, Harrods, Fortnum & Mason and Selfridges as well as more than 700 farm shops and independent retailers across the UK.