School groups and exhibitors invited to sign-up to attend the 2017 Suffolk Skills Show
- Credit: Archant
Bookings have opened for stand space at the fourth annual Suffolk Skills Show, taking place on Wednesday, October 18, at Trinity Park, Ipswich.
More than 100 exhibitors are expected to attend the event again this year, with more than 4,500 visitors having attended last year’s show to gain an insight into training, education and employment opportunities.
Dayle Bayliss, chairman of the the Suffolk Skills Show, said: “Skills and careers shows are an excellent way for employers, job seekers and young people making careers decisions to find out about the range of support, training and employment opportunities available in the region and beyond.
“Recruitment across all sectors is challenging, and targeting young people is key to ensuring a sustainable workforce for the area’s future growth and prosperity. Employers report there is continuing pressure to fill new jobs, replace those who retire and compete against external demand from neighbouring areas and other regions.”
The Suffolk Skills Show, held in association with Suffolk County Council and supported by the Suffolk Chamber of Commerce and Suffolk colleges, offers young people an opportunity to meet with local and national employers as well as training and education providers.
You may also want to watch:
The aim to enable them to find out more about the world of work, and the broad range of opportunities available in Suffolk and beyond, and so help them to make more informed decisions about the next stage of their career development, be it in education or employment.
Dayle Bayliss added: “The Suffolk Skills Show is a great opportunity for young people to speak to experts, to be inspired about potential career pathways and to better understand the skills, attitude and aptitudes necessary to secure employment.
- 1 'We're working tirelessly... I'm hopeful of new signings fairly shortly' - Town CEO Ashton on transfers
- 2 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 3 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 4 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 5 Ipswich home transformed on BBC's Homes Under the Hammer
- 6 Sam Smith spotted in Suffolk - and could be recording a new album
- 7 Police unlock county lines drug dealer's phone with first guess at password
- 8 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 9 A12 reopens after three-vehicle crash
- 10 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
“The event highlights the very best Suffolk has to offer regarding apprenticeships, training, further education and careers, and we urge local employers to support the event.”
Further details on this years event and how to exhibit are available at www.suffolkskillsshow.com. Sponsorship opportunities are also available, with expressions of interest invited by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling Boleyn Events on 01473 712330.
The Suffolk Skills Show will be open from 9am until 4.30pm, with entry to visitors free of charge. Morning sessions are available to school and educational visitors only, with bookings for these also now open via the website. Members of the general public are welcome to attend after 1pm.