School of Rock branding secures British Coach Tourism Awards win for Suffolk-based Galloway
- Credit: Archant
Galloway Coach Travel has picked up an award for innovation at a national event recognising the UK’s best coach tour operators.
The Mendlesham-based company won the Coach Tourism Innovation of the Year title at the 2017 British Coach Tourism Awards, held at the National Motorcycle Museum in Birmingham during the British Tourism & Travel Show.
Galloway was recognised for its work with London media agengy AKA in launching a coach branded to promote the School of Rock musical.
Dan Rogers, general manager at Galloway, said: “It’s fantastic news and a recognition of the hard work put in by many of the team here at Galloway to promote our travel and ticket packages to West End shows.
“We’re always looking for new and innovative ways to reach out to customers and the impressive coach livery has really caught customer’s imagination.”
The awards, which also recognise the best destinations, visitor attractions and hotels for coach tours, and other suppliers to the industry, are organised by Diversified Communications UK and hosted by Group Tourism & Travel magazine, formerly Coach Monthly.
This year’s ceremony was presented by TV personality and broadcaster Gethin Jones.
- 1 Richest people in East Anglia revealed on Sunday Times Rich List
- 2 'You have broken us!' - New cafe at Suffolk beauty spot on huge demand
- 3 'We are both in love' - Ed Sheeran announces birth of second daughter
- 4 Indiana Jones-inspired metal detectorist finds £65k Roman hoard
- 5 Colchester gets city status - fuelling disappointment over no Ipswich bid
- 6 Thetford homes left with 'significant' damage following blaze
- 7 My Suffolk Life: ‘We had to move to Suffolk to be together’
- 8 Severe delays on major Suffolk route after crash
- 9 Big sales, Bosmans and 'mutual consent' - Why contracts are a balancing act
- 10 School apologises for GCSE paper error as it falls to inadequate
Helen Conway, group director at Diversified, said:: “Once again the sheer quality of this year’s awards entries has been outstanding and sends a strong signal that the domestic tourism sector is getting stronger every year and is a real testament to the strength of commitment of the individuals working within it.
“There are many tourism awards, but only the British Coach Tourism Awards specifically focuses on coach tourism. They are the most important annual celebration of the very best our industry has to offer.
“As well as recognising excellence and innovation in all aspects of the trade on a big stage, the awards offer winners a year-round marketing opportunity and a big morale-booster for hard-working teams. Congratulations to all our fantastic winners.”