School of Rock branding secures British Coach Tourism Awards win for Suffolk-based Galloway
- Credit: Archant
Galloway Coach Travel has picked up an award for innovation at a national event recognising the UK’s best coach tour operators.
The Mendlesham-based company won the Coach Tourism Innovation of the Year title at the 2017 British Coach Tourism Awards, held at the National Motorcycle Museum in Birmingham during the British Tourism & Travel Show.
Galloway was recognised for its work with London media agengy AKA in launching a coach branded to promote the School of Rock musical.
Dan Rogers, general manager at Galloway, said: “It’s fantastic news and a recognition of the hard work put in by many of the team here at Galloway to promote our travel and ticket packages to West End shows.
“We’re always looking for new and innovative ways to reach out to customers and the impressive coach livery has really caught customer’s imagination.”
The awards, which also recognise the best destinations, visitor attractions and hotels for coach tours, and other suppliers to the industry, are organised by Diversified Communications UK and hosted by Group Tourism & Travel magazine, formerly Coach Monthly.
This year’s ceremony was presented by TV personality and broadcaster Gethin Jones.
- 1 'We're going to push back!' - Ashton's message to Norwich City
- 2 Mystery of container ships at anchor off Suffolk coast solved
- 3 Town keen on Leeds left-back Davis
- 4 Man in 40s stabbed at town centre multi-storey car park
- 5 Tent, kitchen units and bedding dumped in 'unsightly' fly-tipping
- 6 Family left homeless after bungalow destroyed in fire
- 7 NHS 'wargames' collapse of West Suffolk Hospital building
- 8 Huge country home with no near neighbours up for sale for £1.45m
- 9 Wooden fence panels stolen from front garden of home
- 10 Police release CCTV images after man suffers broken nose in attack
Helen Conway, group director at Diversified, said:: “Once again the sheer quality of this year’s awards entries has been outstanding and sends a strong signal that the domestic tourism sector is getting stronger every year and is a real testament to the strength of commitment of the individuals working within it.
“There are many tourism awards, but only the British Coach Tourism Awards specifically focuses on coach tourism. They are the most important annual celebration of the very best our industry has to offer.
“As well as recognising excellence and innovation in all aspects of the trade on a big stage, the awards offer winners a year-round marketing opportunity and a big morale-booster for hard-working teams. Congratulations to all our fantastic winners.”