Schools ICT Expo to provide insight into how technology can support learning
- Credit: Archant
Three Suffolk businesses are teaming up to stage an exhibition designed to provide schools and teachers with an insight into how technology can be used to engage students and support their learning.
Boleyn Events and The Writing House are working alongside schools supplier and service company CPW Computing to hold the Schools’ ICT Expo event at the main Waterfront building of University Campus Suffolk in Ipswich on Thursday, April 23 – St George’s Day.
Christine Schofield, managing director of CPW Computing, which is based in Needham MArket, said: “There are big exhibitions of equipment for schools in London and in some of our major cities, but to our knowledge this is the first event of its kind in the local area. As such it’s going to be a huge benefit to schools across the east of England.”
Kim Brown of Boleyn Events added: “We’ve already had bookings from Toshiba, one of the biggest names in the industry as well as Epson, Viglen and Canon, the kind of manufacturers who shape the future. Microsoft has also shown serious interest.
“Within the mix at Schools ICT Expo will be a lot of smaller companies too, who supply software and peripherals to schools as well.
You may also want to watch:
“The big advantage of holding this locally is that it makes it so much easier for local schools to attend. Visiting the events at Olympia in London is fine, but it takes a lot out of the working day – time that is very valuable to teachers.”
The event is being staged in the foyer of UCS and will be open from 1pm to 7pm. Admission is free to teachers and visitors.
- 1 'We're working tirelessly... I'm hopeful of new signings fairly shortly' - Town CEO Ashton on transfers
- 2 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 3 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 4 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 5 Ipswich home transformed on BBC's Homes Under the Hammer
- 6 Sam Smith spotted in Suffolk - and could be recording a new album
- 7 Police unlock county lines drug dealer's phone with first guess at password
- 8 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 9 A12 reopens after three-vehicle crash
- 10 Country inn acquired from Jamie Oliver's parents reopens following facelift
Further details are available online at http://boleyn-events.com/schools-ict-expo/ .