The Suffolk Development Agency has appointed Scott Dolling as acting chief executive following Julian Munson's departure to take up a post in Australia.
The Suffolk Development Agency has appointed Scott Dolling as acting chief executive following Julian Munson's departure to take up a post in Australia. Scott has been promoted internally from his role heading the Suffolk Tourism Partnership, one of the key elements of the SDA's activity.
The SDA comprises private and public sector members is a countywide partnership created in 2003 to increase economic development. The small team of employees based at Felaw Maltings in Ipswich coordinates the Suffolk Tourism Partnership, Inward Investment marketing services, a Land & Property database, and the Suffolk Observatory which provides crucial data.
“There are various national and regional reviews underway at present and as we know the county's local authority boundaries are being considered,” said Scott.
“During this time there are some Suffolk wide themes that need to remain constant: Tourism, inward investment and the observatory provide relevant services across the county irrespective of where any new political boundaries may be drawn and through the SDA we can continue to offer visitors and investors a consistent message about our high quality offer.”
You may also want to watch:
SDA chairman Terry Clark added: “The SDA is respected because it works closely with private industry as well as local authorities and regional bodies. Scott's work with the tourism partnership gives me confidence that these principles can continue to be developed in the coming months.
“The SDA like other Suffolk organisations is likely to be undergoing change and the Chief Executive's role will be reviewed once the nature of the changes are known over the next few months. During this period Scott will remain strategically involved in tourism but I am pleased to say that another of our team, Jim Brown, will take on much more tourism responsibility.”
- 1 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 2 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 3 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 4 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 6 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 7 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 8 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 9 Mapped: Number of places recording Covid cases doubles in last week
- 10 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town