A century-old regional financial services firm undergoes a digital revamp
- Credit: Archant
A financial services company with offices in Ipswich, Diss, Colchester and Cambridge is starting a new chapter in its 99 year-old history by giving it’s brand a makeover.
Scrutton Bland, which can trace it roots back to an insurance broker business founded at the end of the First World War, has grown considerably over recent years and now has a turnover of £12m. Last year, Scrutton Bland branched out in to a new office in Cambridge and while at the time they had 190 employees, today that figure is 218, with a further 10 positions currently advertised.
The name Scrutton Bland was once synonymous with accountancy and insurance, but the company has spent the last few years expanding its services and now offers a range of financial services to both business and private clients.
Scrutton Bland’s marketing and development director Erica Gilson explained that because the company is increasingly moving client communications and brand promotion online, and particularly through social media, it needed a “cleaner, more modern, optimistic and bright” colour palette which would work well on screen. “We had a traditional look using dark blue and gold, which tended to look mustardy online, and our new colours are orange and a brighter blue,” she explained. “I am really proud of what we (the marketing team) have delivered. It is more than a refresh of the logo - all the late nights, early mornings and weekends have been worth it. We have consolidated five separate websites, images and tones of voice to create a website where clients can access multiple services and understand who we are and what we offer.”
The focus on digital is also motivated by a recent announcement by HMRC of their intention to ‘Make Tax Digital’ which in the future will require companies to submit their return digitally via approved software. “We have just taken on a new hire in our accounting department, Ryan Pearcy, to drive forward our cloud accounting solutions,” Ms Gilson explained.
You may also want to watch:
Scrutton Bland has brought its different business units under the Group brand umbrella, and their Diss based operation, Merrick Hill, which Scrutton Bland has operated for the last 15 years, will also now be rebranded under the Scrutton Bland name and logo.
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 4 Car on its side in middle of roundabout after crash outside Haverhill Tesco
- 5 'Next season we'll have a right go' - Roberts on Fleetwood win and Chambers' future
- 6 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 7 Biker breaks collarbone in swerve to avoid car on wrong side of road
- 8 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-1 win against Fleetwood
- 9 Matchday Recap: Lightning start for Town secures Fleetwood win
- 10 Photos released in connection with two indecent exposure incidents