Second Investors in People gold award for UK Power Networks
- Credit: JOHN CONNOR PRESS ASSOCIATES LTD
Regional electricity distributor UK Power Networks has achieved the Investors in People gold award for the second time.
The company, whose 6,000 employees are responsible for keeping the lights on across East Anglia, London and the South East, has been re-accredited under the international standard for people management – retaining its place among the top 7% of organisations currently recognised by the scheme.
Chris Degg, HR director at UK Power Networks, said: “Since the creation of our business nearly seven years ago, we have continuously reviewed and improved our approach towards people management and this has been reflected in the ongoing progress which has been made with Investors in People.
“It is particularly pleasing to receive this gold re-accreditation against IiP’s new framework which has set an even higher standard for companies to achieve.
“This external accreditation from an internationally recognised organisation further complements our inclusion on the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to Work For each year for the past three years. In any business there is a clear link between engagement and investing in people and improved business performance. UK Power Networks has consistently demonstrated this link.”
You may also want to watch:
UK Power Networks has major offices in London, Potters Bar, Ipswich, Bury St Edmunds, Crawley and Maidstone, plus smaller offices and depots throughout the regions it covers.
Paul Devoy, head of Investors in People, said: “Investors in People accreditation is the sign of a great employer, an outperforming place to work and a clear commitment to success. UK Power Networks should be extremely proud of their achievement.”
- 1 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 2 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 4 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 5 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 6 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 7 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'consider £350k bid' for keeper
- 8 'Absolutely the right manager for this football club' - Ashton backs Cook to turn Town around
- 9 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
- 10 Comedian Jack Whitehall visits Suffolk's 'most incredible' Wilderness Reserve