Seminar returns to promote small and medium businesses
A forum for small and medium sized enterprises to gather and gain support returns this month following a successful debut last year.
The second Ready for Growth event will be held at Framlingham Technology Centre on Friday, June 26.
Central Suffolk and North Ipswich MP Dan Poulter will open proceedings, with Mike Faers, from Food Innovation Solutions, in Bury St Edmunds, appearing as keynote speaker.
Mr Faers learned his craft from culinary giants like the Roux brothers at Le Gavroche and Raymond Blanc at Le Manoir aux Quat’Saisons.
Combining his expertise with a passion for commercial enterprise, he has since operated at senior level in food manufacturing and product development, working with the likes of Marks & Spencer and Pret A Manger. He spent four years as head of food for McDonalds restaurants, where he created and developed the company’s global food strategy.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Faers said: “The experience of running my own business has been fantastic one so far, allowing me to combine my passion for food with my intrapreneurial drive.
“I’m currently on the Menta board of advisors, helping to support the Suffolk businesses that have the potential to deliver and taking part in the Ready for Growth event is an extension of this, whereby I can share my learnings both good and bad, and meet other like-minded people.”
- 1 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 2 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 3 Man in 40s rescued from beneath the Orwell Bridge
- 4 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 5 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 6 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 7 Woman who pocketed cash for memorial bench avoids prison
- 8 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims
- 9 When Eagles Dare documentary reveals how close Ian Holloway came to being named Ipswich Town manager
- 10 Town set to learn Carabao Cup and Papa John's Trophy opponents
Suffolk Business Hub co-ordinator, Jenny Stockman said the free event was designed to bring together as many agencies, organisations and groups as possible that support small and medium sized enterprises that wish to grow.
The event is being held in partnership with Suffolk Business Hub, Menta and Suffolk Coast Business, and is sponsored by Ensors Chartered Accountants.
For more, visit suffolkbusinesshub.co.uk/event/ready-for-more-growth-2