Seminar returns to promote small and medium businesses
A forum for small and medium sized enterprises to gather and gain support returns this month following a successful debut last year.
The second Ready for Growth event will be held at Framlingham Technology Centre on Friday, June 26.
Central Suffolk and North Ipswich MP Dan Poulter will open proceedings, with Mike Faers, from Food Innovation Solutions, in Bury St Edmunds, appearing as keynote speaker.
Mr Faers learned his craft from culinary giants like the Roux brothers at Le Gavroche and Raymond Blanc at Le Manoir aux Quat’Saisons.
Combining his expertise with a passion for commercial enterprise, he has since operated at senior level in food manufacturing and product development, working with the likes of Marks & Spencer and Pret A Manger. He spent four years as head of food for McDonalds restaurants, where he created and developed the company’s global food strategy.
Mr Faers said: “The experience of running my own business has been fantastic one so far, allowing me to combine my passion for food with my intrapreneurial drive.
“I’m currently on the Menta board of advisors, helping to support the Suffolk businesses that have the potential to deliver and taking part in the Ready for Growth event is an extension of this, whereby I can share my learnings both good and bad, and meet other like-minded people.”
- 1 Revealed: The most isolated villages in Suffolk
- 2 Mystery surrounds container ships at anchor off Suffolk coast
- 3 Protests against soaring fuel prices planned for Monday
- 4 Ambitious plans to regenerate 'dilapidated' part of Suffolk town revealed
- 5 One of north Suffolk's 'most productive' arable farms up for sale
- 6 Woman jailed for having sex with Ipswich schoolboy
- 7 Double-decker bus bought on eBay becomes new home for evicted Suffolk family
- 8 Ice cream kiosk at Suffolk beauty spot destroyed in arson
- 9 'I'll do whatever's in my power' - Ball makes vow to Ipswich Town fans
- 10 MP 'looking into' frustrating and disruptive A12 roadworks
Suffolk Business Hub co-ordinator, Jenny Stockman said the free event was designed to bring together as many agencies, organisations and groups as possible that support small and medium sized enterprises that wish to grow.
The event is being held in partnership with Suffolk Business Hub, Menta and Suffolk Coast Business, and is sponsored by Ensors Chartered Accountants.
For more, visit suffolkbusinesshub.co.uk/event/ready-for-more-growth-2