Servest lands staff catering contract at Madame Tussauds London
- Credit: Archant
West Suffolk-based Servest Catering has won a three-year contract at the world-famous Madame Tussauds tourist attraction in London.
The deal, worth £200,000 a year, will see Servest provide breakfast, lunch, afternoon snacks and hospitality services for staff at Madame Tussauds London, which is famed for its waxwork images of celebrities.
Servest, which is based at Fornham All Saints, near Bury St Edmunds, said many of those working at Madame Tussauds were young, aspiring actors and therefore expected a catering offer matching the high street in terms of quality and price.
The company had taken over the contract at relatively short notice, having been approached by Madame Tussauds London in June, the company added.
Peter Gallagher, facilities manager at Madame Tussauds London, said: “We asked Servest to mobilise a full service for us within two weeks, which I thought would be a major challenge for any provider. True to their word, the team had a sandwich and snack service running within 36 hours and a full hot breakfast and lunch service within one week.
“I have been massively impressed with all the Servest team. Nothing is too much for them,” he added. “I would thoroughly recommend Servest to any organisation.”
Rob Legge, group chief executive for the UK and Europe at Servest, said: “We’re delighted to be working with Madame Tussauds London and look forward to continuing to deliver excellent food and high standards of service and innovation.”
- 1 Revealed: The most isolated villages in Suffolk
- 2 Mystery surrounds container ships at anchor off Suffolk coast
- 3 Protests against soaring fuel prices planned for Monday
- 4 Ambitious plans to regenerate 'dilapidated' part of Suffolk town revealed
- 5 One of north Suffolk's 'most productive' arable farms up for sale
- 6 Woman jailed for having sex with Ipswich schoolboy
- 7 Double-decker bus bought on eBay becomes new home for evicted Suffolk family
- 8 Ice cream kiosk at Suffolk beauty spot destroyed in arson
- 9 'I'll do whatever's in my power' - Ball makes vow to Ipswich Town fans
- 10 Suffolk museum to host military vehicle display
Servest, a member of the EADT/EDP Top 100 listing of the 100 largest companies in Suffolk and Norfolk, is a leading facilities management provider employing more than 18,000 people at more than 7,000 sites in UK. It is 73% owned by Servest Group PTY, which is based in South Africa, with the remainder owned by the UK mangement team.