Servest lands staff catering contract at Madame Tussauds London
- Credit: Archant
West Suffolk-based Servest Catering has won a three-year contract at the world-famous Madame Tussauds tourist attraction in London.
The deal, worth £200,000 a year, will see Servest provide breakfast, lunch, afternoon snacks and hospitality services for staff at Madame Tussauds London, which is famed for its waxwork images of celebrities.
Servest, which is based at Fornham All Saints, near Bury St Edmunds, said many of those working at Madame Tussauds were young, aspiring actors and therefore expected a catering offer matching the high street in terms of quality and price.
The company had taken over the contract at relatively short notice, having been approached by Madame Tussauds London in June, the company added.
Peter Gallagher, facilities manager at Madame Tussauds London, said: “We asked Servest to mobilise a full service for us within two weeks, which I thought would be a major challenge for any provider. True to their word, the team had a sandwich and snack service running within 36 hours and a full hot breakfast and lunch service within one week.
You may also want to watch:
“I have been massively impressed with all the Servest team. Nothing is too much for them,” he added. “I would thoroughly recommend Servest to any organisation.”
Rob Legge, group chief executive for the UK and Europe at Servest, said: “We’re delighted to be working with Madame Tussauds London and look forward to continuing to deliver excellent food and high standards of service and innovation.”
- 1 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 2 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 3 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 4 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 5 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 6 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 7 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 8 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 9 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 10 Lorry 'not seen' by crane operator in container crush, port say
Servest, a member of the EADT/EDP Top 100 listing of the 100 largest companies in Suffolk and Norfolk, is a leading facilities management provider employing more than 18,000 people at more than 7,000 sites in UK. It is 73% owned by Servest Group PTY, which is based in South Africa, with the remainder owned by the UK mangement team.