Five times a week flights to `wonderful’ Copenhagen
- Credit: Archant
A new five times a week service from Stansted to Copenhagen, Denmark, has been launched today by Scandinavian Airlines.
The service to the Danish capital will be operating five times a week initially, increasing to a daily return service from July 1, 2019.
This new route from Essex is in addition to an existing service from Heathrow to Copenhagen.
Copenhagen has recently been named the number one city to visit by Lonely Planet.
Mats Sigurdson, Stansted’s aviation director, said: “It’s great news SAS has returned to London Stansted with the launch of this new service to Copenhagen.
You may also want to watch:
“The service will not only provide passengers from London and the east of England with even more choice to an exciting European destination, I’m also sure the route will prove to be really popular with business passengers from Copenhagen looking for great in-flight service plus quick and convenient access to the London-Stansted-Cambridge economic corridor.”
Niko Ek, general manager for SAS Europe, said: “We continue to see an increasing demand for flights to Copenhagen from the UK and are delighted to offer our customers the option to fly from both London Heathrow and London Stansted. For Danes, a choice of arrival airport into London will also offer increased convenience.”
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 3 Town face competition from Championship club for Rotherham midfielder Crooks
- 4 A14 and A12 set for major upgrade work
- 5 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before
- 6 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe car park
- 7 Full list: Everyone in Suffolk in the Queen's Birthday Honours 2021
- 8 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
- 9 Glass found in popular paddling pool forcing it to close
- 10 Two men arrested after police uncover cannabis farm