Sign up now to attend New Anglia LEP’s iExpo technology event at Adastral Park
- Credit: Archant
Technology pioneers from Suffolk and Norfolk will be showcasing their products next week at an innovation exhibition spearheaded by the New Anglia Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP).
The iExpo event is being supported by communications giant BT and will be held at its Adastral Park research site at Martlesham Heath, near Ipswich, on Thursday, November 20, with more than 45 exhibitors, ranging from start-ups to established global businesses, expected to take part
Mark Pendlington, chairman of New Anglia LEP, said: “Inspiring pioneers from Norfolk and Suffolk are leading the way with cutting-edge technology, research and designs. iExpo is a chance to be inspired by their ideas and view their amazing products first-hand.
“It will also be a fascinating opportunity to discover some of the emerging technologies which BT is famous for, and visitors can also learn about Innovation Martlesham, an established cluster of high-tech ICT companies located at Adastral Park. For those inspired by innovation and creative inventions, iExpo is for you.”
The exhibition will include a “hacker challenge” from Adastral Park-based computer hardware company Silicon Safe which has developed technology to eradicate cyber-attacks.
You may also want to watch:
Also attending will be mobile security company SMI Global, based in Bury St Edmunds, which has created biometric devices which analyse human body characteristics, and Sudbury-based agri-tech company Aponic.
Jason Hawkins-Row, founder of Aponic, said: “We believe our invention could be the future of sustainable crop technology.
- 1 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 4 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 5 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 6 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 7 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 8 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 9 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 10 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
“Crops which thrive through our Aponic systems include vegetables, fruits, herbs and exotic, high value plants, such as Stevia which is a powerful natural sweetener. It will be great to exhibit at the iExpo, meet with visitors and show them how versatile, efficient and exciting this system is.”
The iExpo event is also being supported by the New Anglia Growth Hub, and organisations including UK Trade and Investment and the Suffolk and Norfolk chambers of commerce will also be exhibiting.
Places at the event, which runs from 10am to 3pm, are free but must be pre-booked by November 17. Visit www.newanglia.co.uk/new-anglia-iexpo/ .