Sixth year of record profits for Ipswich-based Fred. Olsen Travel
- Credit: Archant
Fred. Olsen Travel is celebrating a 14% jump in trading profit during 2015.
It is the sixth consecutive year of record results for the Ipswich-based firm, which has 11 branches around East Anglia and the South of England.
Paul Hardwick, group retail manager at Fred. Olsen Travel, said: “I am extremely proud that we are able to report such positive news for the sixth year running.
“This success can only be down to the commitment, dedication and high level of service from each and every member of our team.
“We continuously train and develop our staff and always put the customer first.
“Colchester, Felixstowe and Bury St Edmunds all had record breaking years with Colchester achieving the strongest performance in the company’s history,” said Mr Hardwick.
Last year also saw Fred. Olsen Travel launch two new branches, at Lymington in Hampshire and Westbourne in West Sussex, and acquire Dorchester Travel in Dorset.
- 1 Revealed: The most isolated villages in Suffolk
- 2 Mystery surrounds container ships at anchor off Suffolk coast
- 3 Protests against soaring fuel prices planned for Monday
- 4 Ambitious plans to regenerate 'dilapidated' part of Suffolk town revealed
- 5 Woman jailed for having sex with Ipswich schoolboy
- 6 One of north Suffolk's 'most productive' arable farms up for sale
- 7 Double-decker bus bought on eBay becomes new home for evicted Suffolk family
- 8 Ice cream kiosk at Suffolk beauty spot destroyed in arson
- 9 'I'll do whatever's in my power' - Ball makes vow to Ipswich Town fans
- 10 MP 'looking into' frustrating and disruptive A12 roadworks
It also relocated its Ipswich branch from Upper Brook Street to a unit within the Coes department store.
Mr Hardwick added: “We have lots of exciting plans in place for 2016 and with the strong team in place I have every confidence that we will have an even better year ahead.”