Sixth year of record profits for Ipswich-based Fred. Olsen Travel
- Credit: Archant
Fred. Olsen Travel is celebrating a 14% jump in trading profit during 2015.
It is the sixth consecutive year of record results for the Ipswich-based firm, which has 11 branches around East Anglia and the South of England.
Paul Hardwick, group retail manager at Fred. Olsen Travel, said: “I am extremely proud that we are able to report such positive news for the sixth year running.
“This success can only be down to the commitment, dedication and high level of service from each and every member of our team.
“We continuously train and develop our staff and always put the customer first.
You may also want to watch:
“Colchester, Felixstowe and Bury St Edmunds all had record breaking years with Colchester achieving the strongest performance in the company’s history,” said Mr Hardwick.
Last year also saw Fred. Olsen Travel launch two new branches, at Lymington in Hampshire and Westbourne in West Sussex, and acquire Dorchester Travel in Dorset.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 3 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 4 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 5 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 6 Busy high street taped off by police
- 7 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
- 8 Covid infections mapped: 20 postcode areas report three or more cases
- 9 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 10 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches
It also relocated its Ipswich branch from Upper Brook Street to a unit within the Coes department store.
Mr Hardwick added: “We have lots of exciting plans in place for 2016 and with the strong team in place I have every confidence that we will have an even better year ahead.”