Sizewell C can also be a ‘business power house’ for Suffolk firms
- Credit: Archant
Businesses from across Suffolk are being invited to hear how they could benefit from a multi-million pound contracts bonanza should the proposed Sizewell C nuclear power station get the go-ahead.
EDF Energy and Suffolk Chamber of Commerce are hosting a free business breakfast at Trinity Park, Ipswich, on Friday to explain the process and opportunities on offer.
More than 1,000 firms have already signed up to be considered for deals connected with the construction of the £14billion power plant, which will provide 25,000 jobs during the building phase, with 900 permanent roles once the station is producing energy.
At the breakfast, Jim Crawford, Sizewell C project development director, will outline the latest proposals for Sizewell C and how EDF Energy is working alongside Suffolk Chamber of Commerce to ensure regional businesses make the most of the opportunity a project of this scale brings to the region.
Mr Crawford said: “This event provides a good opportunity for local businesses to learn more about the Sizewell C project and how they can get involved. I am very much looking forward to meeting local business people at the event.”
You may also want to watch:
Chamber chief executive John Dugmore said: “Suffolk Chamber has a close working relationship with EDF Energy and our belief is clear: the nuclear industry is good for Suffolk and good for businesses here in Suffolk.”
“Remember, 80% of the work in building and running a nuclear power station comes from ‘non-nuclear’ businesses.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 3 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 4 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 5 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 6 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 7 Thunderstorm warning issued in Suffolk as heavy rain forecast
- 8 Former Suffolk school leaders found guilty of professional misconduct
- 9 Portsmouth 0-4 Ipswich Town: Blues deliver Cook's biggest win as boss
- 10 Familiar faces galore, 'Chequebook FC' and the start of something big? - Town head to Portsmouth
“I would urge every business in Suffolk to think about the opportunities that Sizewell C presents to them and sign up to the supply chain website sooner rather than later.
“Sizewell C promises to be a business power house as well as a new power station.”
Visit www.suffolkchamber.co.uk to book a place at the breakfast.