SMEs in Tendring and Colchester encouraged to bid for SUCCESS grants
- Credit: Archant
Creative sector businesses in north-east Essex have a chance to bid for grant funding worth up to £150,000 towards the cost of investment projects.
Tending is one of three “primary” areas covered by the South-East Urban Creative Enteprise Support Scheme (known as SUCCESS), along with Thanet in Kent and Hastings in East Sussex.
Grants are available to small and medium-sized firms (those with fewer than 250 employess and turnover below 50m euros) in the fields of design, arts and crafts, performance, recording, radio, TV, film production, galleries and venues, music and dance, theatre and community arts.
Those in heritage, sports, and tourism will also be considered if they can show they have creative links.
They can bid for grants starting at £3,000 and rising to £150,000, potentially representing up to 50% of their growth investment.
The cash is available both to start-up and existing businesses across the Tendring dstrict, with four successful applicants having already received £150,000 between them.
Existing businesses in parts of the Colchester borough are also now eligible to bid, along with those in parts of three other “secondary” areas, Canterbury, Dover and Rother.
- 1 Forbidden Suffolk: 6 places you can't visit in the county
- 2 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 3 A12 partially reopens as air ambulance called to three-lorry crash
- 4 Suffolk town named one of the best places to go on holiday in the UK
- 5 'Like a Halloween scene' - huge caterpillar webs engulf hedges
- 6 Teenager arrested after six people injured on university campus
- 7 Striker Jackson signs new Town deal
- 8 New hair salon opens up with its very own puppy on the premises
- 9 A12 and A14 set for upgrades after £200m investment in Suffolk roads
- 10 Men convicted of kidnap and rape of Ipswich girl
Mick Page, leader of Tendring District Council and cabinet member for regeneration, inward investment and asset management, said: “IT Solution Services and UK Diesel Parts in Clacton, Voodoo Creative in Brightlingsea and Popup Entertainment of Dovercourt have already benefitted under this scheme.
“I am sure there are many more out there that are eligible and I urge them to make the most of this financial support while it is available.”
The SUCCESS fund will be open for applications until February 2015. For details, visit www.success-creative-fund.biz .