Social enterprise launches spring and summer courses
- Credit: Archant
A social enterprise is staging the next round of enrolments for courses at its seven learning centres in Suffolk.
Learners who are interested in honing new skills or increasing their knowledge can sign up for courses from learning centres in Ipswich, Newmarket, Felixstowe, Lowestoft, Bury St Edmunds and Stowmarket from January 4 to 8, with more than 100 different courses to choose from starting in the spring and summer terms in 2016.
In addition to being able to sign up, learners will be able to get a skills health check from Realise Futures Careers Solutions (RFCS) - which supplies careers advice to adults across Suffolk, Norfolk, Luton, Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire – as careers advisers will be on hand to give free help and advice if wanted.
Realise Futures Learning and Development (RFLD) delivers adult learning courses to around 8,000 people aged 19 plus in Suffolk every year. They include courses for maths and English, computers and technology, skills for work, health and well-being and family learning.
New ones include Get Creative - a range of courses to inspire people to be creative with writing, cookery and crafts. There is also a new psychology course looking at how we communicate, what causes stress and why we develop phobias.
You may also want to watch:
Learning and development curriculum manager Deborah Williams said: “We can support adults with further study, with either accredited and non-accredited learning which can help people improve their employment chances or improve their social and practical skills. There really is something for everyone.”
“We have courses to build your confidence and manage your stress, or to help in your career, such as our Preparing to Work in the Adult Care Sector, and our fast track courses to gain an IT qualification are very popular. Our family learning courses are also very much appreciated by parents who wish to support their children’s learning at school with maths, English and science.”
- 1 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 2 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 4 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 5 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 6 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 7 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'consider £350k bid' for keeper
- 8 'Absolutely the right manager for this football club' - Ashton backs Cook to turn Town around
- 9 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
- 10 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
Realise Futures is a specialist provider of employment support services, learning and development, and is the largest provider of careers advice services in the East of England. It caters for a higher than average proportion of learners with difficulties and disabilities from disadvantaged backgrounds.
All courses can be booked by calling 0300 456 2050 or by attending the enrolment events. Visit www.rflearn.co.uk for details.