Southwold: Adnams refurbishes bedrooms at The Crown
A SOUTHWOLD hotel in the Adnams chain is preparing to re-open its doors to guests after a major refurbishment of its bedrooms.
The Crown’s 14 bed rooms are being individually refurbished and each one will have free Wi-Fi with the hotel having docking stations for iPads and iPods.
The refurbishment is being designed and managed by Melissa Billen of MBD Interiors, based at Orford, who has already redesigned and refurbished Adnams’s Brewer’s House which is situated next door to the brewery and The Swan.
She said: “As the Crown is an old building, each room is quirky and individual. I have designed the fabrics and furnishings to reflect the town’s coastal aspect and link to the heritage of Southwold.
“Above all, the rooms will be comfortable and classic / contemporary in design with a boutique feel. I have aimed to distil the essence of Southwold into the rooms.”
You may also want to watch:
Reflecting Adnams’s environmentally-conscious policies, local craftsmen and trade suppliers are sourcing sustainable timbers and eco-friendly fabrics as well as recycled materials.
The refurbishment will be complete on February 24. The restaurant will be open as normal for lunch and dinner every day apart from February 20 and 23.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 4 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 5 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 6 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 7 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 8 'I loved my time here... I should have stayed' - Former loanee Jeffers back with Town in coaching role
- 9 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
- 10 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting