Southwold: Adnams unveils new look ‘Green Room’ at the Crown hotel
ADNAMS has unveiled a new-look dining room at The Crown in Southwold, created by internationally-renowned designer Keith Skeel.
Named “The Green Room”, in reference both to Southwold’s links with the arts and to Adnams’ commitment to the environment, the results of the project were revealed at an opening event which also included the launch of a new menu by Robert Mace, head chef at The Crown.
Keith Skeel has previously created rooms for fashion designer Donna Karan and restaurateur Marco Pierre White.
Francis Guildea, general manager of Adnams Hotels, said: “We wanted to give this room its own identity and Keith has really risen to the challenge with his thoughtful restoration.
“The end result is a room that’s in keeping with the building’s original character, with some eye-catching touches, which I’m sure our guests will love.”
You may also want to watch:
Keith Skeel, who worked on the project with business partner Stephanie Liston, said: “Having lived in Suffolk for the past 27 years, I was aware that The Crown had stood proud and welcoming for many generations, moving gently along with the times.
“My approach and objective was more a freshening up coupled with a slight updating rather than a ‘makeover’ or ‘redecoration’ – enhancing the unique warm atmosphere of this fine and handsome building, adding a touch of humour along the way.
- 1 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 2 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 3 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 4 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
- 5 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 6 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich
- 7 Person with leg injury after 4-vehicle crash on A140
- 8 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 9 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 10 Town announce home friendly with Premier League club
“Reflecting our shared values, a conscious effort was made to reuse as many pieces as possible, including reclaimed metal, wood and pictures,” he added. “Some which were hidden deep in the Adnams storeroom now breathe again.”