Southwold bakery looks forward to serving half millionth customer
- Credit: Two Magpies Bakery
A Southwold bakery is looking forward to serving its half millionth customer.
Two Magpies Bakery, which is celebrating its fifth anniversary this year, was launched by Rebecca Bishop. The business, which bakes its own bread, cakes and pastries on site and serves breakfasts, lunches and afternoon teas in its 18-cover seating area, employs 17 staff.
It has launched a customer countdown in the week leading up to Easter weekend.
“It’s a crazy coincidence that our anniversary coincides with this huge customer milestone,” said Rebecca, who attended a course at the School of Artisan Food in Nottinghamshire before setting up the business.
“We’ve worked so hard to gain a loyal customer base in Southwold and we feel we’ve achieved so much in the last five years.”
You may also want to watch:
There are plans to open more sites in the coming years as the business expands, said Rebecca.
- 1 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 2 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 4 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 5 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 6 Saxmundham man, 26, appears in court charged with 11 child sex offences
- 7 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
- 8 Man and woman charged in connection with the theft of 85 dogs
- 9 Teacher denies sexually assaulting two girls
- 10 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich