Southwold: Brewer Adnams’ beer and wine shop to return to Norwich
SOUTHWOLD brewer and retailers Adnams has finally found a new home for a store in Norwich, eight months after it closed its outlet in Chapelfield shopping centre.
The firm first opened a Cellar and Kitchen store on Chapelfield Plain in 2010, but then switched to a unit inside the shopping centre itself.
But the store, which sold a selection of the brewery’s beers, as well as wine, spirits and kitchen goods, closed last September.
However, Adnams has confirmed that a new Cellar and Kitchen store will open next month in the heart of Norwich’s Golden Triangle.
The new store, in Unthank Road, will share space with the current occupants of the building, The Grapevine, a contemporary art gallery and ceramics studio.
You may also want to watch:
Bonnie Arnold, manager of the Norwich Cellar and Kitchen shop, said: “We are really pleased to be returning to the Norwich.
“Some customers will remember the Adnams Wine Shop that our Fine Wine manager Rob Chase ran for many years, others more recently from our time in Chapelfield.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 3 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 4 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 5 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 6 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 7 Town's former Director of Football reunited with McCarthy at Cardiff
- 8 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
- 9 'People might think I'm crocked now... but I fully back myself' - Norwood determined to make his mark
- 10 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
“It feels like we’re coming home and look forward to welcoming back returning customers and meeting new ones too.”
The Grapevine gallery will continue to sell a full range of arts and crafts and offer ceramic painting and art classes.
Peter Low, from the gallery said: “Alison and I were delighted when Adnams suggested working together, combining Grapevine with its unique blend of art, crafts and ceramics studio and a new Cellar & Kitchen store.
“Over the 10 years we have been in Norwich, our business has changed and developed, and we are excited to have this opportunity to go forward with a new version of The Grapevine.”
The ceramic studio will move to the lower floor, while art, ceramics and jewellery will be sold alongside the Adnams range of beers, wine, spirits, food and homeware.
The Norwich store will bring the total number of Adnams Cellar and Kitchen outlets to 12. Other stores are in Southwold, Bloomsbury, Spitalfields, Holkham, Woodbridge, Stamford, Harleston, Saffron Walden, Waterside Garden Centre in Baston, Holt and Hadleigh.