Southwold: Brewer and distiller Adnams scoops vodka trophy at International Wine and Spirit Competition
- Credit: Archant
Southwold-based brewer and distiller Adnams has scooped the coveted Vodka Trophy at this year’s International Wine and Spirit Competition (IWSC), just one year on from winning the prestigious Gin Trophy for its Copper House Distilled Gin.
The IWSC awarded Adnams’ Longshore Vodka the highest honour after already commending it with a Gold Outstanding Medal. The three-grain artisan spirit was considered by judges to be an ‘outstanding example’, offering a ‘powerful and full flavour on the palate with an extremely long finish’.
The Vodka Trophy, however was just one of a whole host of awards won by the firm this year. Adnams also won silver medals for its Copper House Vodka, First Rate Gin, Copper House Gin and Single Malt Whisky, as well as bronze medals for its Triple Grain Whisky and Spirit of Broadside, a unique Eau de Vie de Biere.
“The IWSC competition is one of the world’s most respected spirits competitions so we are extremely proud to have won the Vodka Trophy this year, particularly after being awarded the Gin Trophy only last year,” said chairman Jonathan Adnams OBE.
“The trophy, along with our seven other medals, is a testament to Adnams’ commitment for crafting premium artisan spirits and we are overwhelmed to see them again rated so positively on the world’s stage.
You may also want to watch:
“Our Longshore Vodka is a three-grain vodka using locally-grown barley, wheat and oats. It has been created using our brewing expertise whereby we add wheat and oats for added creaminess and smoothness; two qualities necessary for creating superior vodka. The premium spirit is also aged in barrels to become Northcove Oak-aged Vodka and forms the basis of our Limoncello Liqueur and our new Triple Sec Liqueur, launched only last month.”
Ewan Lacey, General Manager at the IWSC, said: “At the International Wine and Spirit Competition we are excited by the surge in artisanal products, more than double 2013; this has been capped off by Adnams Longshore Vodka beating off all comers from all corners of the globe to win the coveted Vodka Trophy. It is an amazing achievement and a massive salute to Adnams’ skill and dedication.”
- 1 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 2 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 4 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 5 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 6 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 7 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'consider £350k bid' for keeper
- 8 'Absolutely the right manager for this football club' - Ashton backs Cook to turn Town around
- 9 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
- 10 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
The IWSC, which was founded in 1969, its aim is to promote the quality and excellence of the world’s best wines, spirits and liqueurs.