Southwold: General manager Andy Rudd becomes proprietor of Sutherland House hotel and restaurant
- Credit: Archant
The general manager of a seaside town hotel and restaurant is celebrating after buying the business.
Andy Rudd, who has been in post for five years, is the new proprietor of Sutherland House Hotel and Seafood Restaurant in Southwold.
The hotel is based in one the oldest and most important buildings in the town, dating back to 1455.
Mr Rudd says he has “very ambitious” plans for all elements of the business in the long term.
All of the staff have been retained, and the chefs will remain.
You may also want to watch:
“The feedback from customers has been extremely positive. We have made significant changes to the garden area and there are more structural upgrades planned,” he said.
“We continue to cook some of the best seafood in East Anglia and everything we do in the kitchen is about serving the most sustainable, seasonal, local produce, which is fresh from our farmers, fishermen and friends.
- 1 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 2 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 3 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 4 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 5 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 6 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 7 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 8 Former Town assistant Taylor back in football
- 9 265 new homes set to be built off A14 at Stowmarket
- 10 Forward Sears completes Colchester return
“Many people claim this but we actually deliver. I have specialised throughout my career in improving businesses by concentrating on the product, service and reputation and I am more excited about this than any other before.
“But I do it in a different way to Gordon Ramsey.”