Specialist builders merchant U-Plastics to expand in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
An independent Suffolk builders merchant firm is expanding its business with the launch of a new, purpose-built complex in Ipswich, having outgrown its existing site in the town.
Specialist supplier U-Plastics has commissioned a bespoke 9,000sq ft complex which is now under construction at the Whitehouse Industrial Estate and is expected to be open for business in May.
Besides being a leading stockist of fibre cement cladding, U-Plastics also claims to offer the largest stockholding of roofline products in East Anglia.
It supplies the construction industry, smaller regional builders and other builders merchants, but also caters for the DIY home project market.
The new complex will replace U-Plastics’ existing site in Olympus Close, Ipswich, which is now too small for the companies needs, and will complement their head office based in Studlands Park Avenue, Newmarket.
You may also want to watch:
Unlike many traditional builders merchants, the new complex will display products in a lifestyle setting and U-Plastics is working in partnering with leading company James Hardie to showcase its exterior cladding range in an innovative way.
Through digital technology, homeowners will be able to overlay their property with an extensive colour palette of James Hardie cladding, enabling them to visualise how the end result will look. Other brands stocked include Swish, Marley, Brett Martin, Floplast and Fakro.
- 1 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 2 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 3 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 4 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 5 Town confirm early departure of experienced defender due to contract clause
- 6 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
- 7 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
- 8 NHS hero injured in pub explosion feels 'lucky to be alive'
- 9 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 10 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer
Business owners Chris Harrold and John Andersson started U-Plastics 14 years ago, both with extensive experience in the building materials industry.
Chris Harrold said: “We are very excited about the new complex and being able to offer an increased selection of top quality products both on display and in stock.
“We are embracing new ways of assisting our customers with digital technology but as an independent business known for our personal service, having specialist staff on hand to offer friendly advice and support will remain our priority.”
U-Plastics will be taking on a number of additional staff to support the new Ipswich site in due course as well as running two additional new 7.5 tonne delivery lorries.
The company operates across an area including Suffolk, Norfolk, Cambridgeshire, Bedfordshire, Berkshire and north London.