Suffolk curry house named best in the country
- Credit: Archant
A Suffolk curry house and takeaway has been named Restaurant of the Year at the English Curry Awards.
Spice Lounge, in High Street, Mildenhall, picked up the accolade last night at a prestigious ceremony in Birmingham.
The prize caps off an incredible personal journey for owner Jueb Ali, 35, who has been working in Indian restaurants since he was just 14 years old.
"All my life has been dedicated to this industry," he said.
"From a very young age I worked in the trade and grasped skills in all areas. My experience from a young age gave me the confidence and ambition to run my own restaurants."
Mr Ali added: "Spice Lounge has been a huge success for me and I am proud of all my achievements that come our way.
"Strong leadership and an excellent team have been the key to our success, with a hunger to always improve and become better."
- 1 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 2 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 3 Plans for two drive-through takeaways in Suffolk town
- 4 New landlord hopes to make Suffolk pub 'centre' of village community
- 5 The former Ipswich players looking for new clubs this summer
- 6 Woman in hospital with life-threatening injuries after serious A143 crash
- 7 Town boss McKenna adds ex-Manchester United player to coaching staff
- 8 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 9 Revealed: The top serious road crash hotspots in Suffolk
- 10 New landlords take over award-winning pub and brewery in Suffolk village
Spice Lounge opened 10 years ago has earned an enviable reputation for its quality Indian cuisine and customer service.