Suffolk curry house named best in the country
- Credit: Archant
A Suffolk curry house and takeaway has been named Restaurant of the Year at the English Curry Awards.
Spice Lounge, in High Street, Mildenhall, picked up the accolade last night at a prestigious ceremony in Birmingham.
The prize caps off an incredible personal journey for owner Jueb Ali, 35, who has been working in Indian restaurants since he was just 14 years old.
"All my life has been dedicated to this industry," he said.
"From a very young age I worked in the trade and grasped skills in all areas. My experience from a young age gave me the confidence and ambition to run my own restaurants."
Mr Ali added: "Spice Lounge has been a huge success for me and I am proud of all my achievements that come our way.
"Strong leadership and an excellent team have been the key to our success, with a hunger to always improve and become better."
- 1 Historic former pub with permission to convert into homes set for auction
- 2 Severe delays on major Suffolk route after crash
- 3 Double drink driver who killed Jennifer, 32, jailed six years and eight months
- 4 'You have broken us!' - New cafe at Suffolk beauty spot on huge demand
- 5 Police carry out 'pre-planned' operation in Felixstowe road
- 6 'Bonne Mania' made us all smile... it faded but we'll always have the memories
- 7 Gang who stole from Suffolk museum jailed for total of 74 years
- 8 Plans to explore Dutch-style cycling network in Suffolk town
- 9 Cyclist airlifted to hospital with serious injuries following incident
- 10 Suspected speeder detained after car crashes into field
Spice Lounge opened 10 years ago has earned an enviable reputation for its quality Indian cuisine and customer service.