Sports equipment firm Mark Harrod backs Suffolk FA Football Futures scheme
- Credit: Archant
Sports equipment manufacturer Mark Harrod Ltd has extended its sponsorship link with the Suffolk FA.
The Beccles-based company has sponsored the FA’s Groundsman of the Year competition for the past four seasons and owner Mark Harrod has now agreed also to sponsor its Football Futures programme, which supports the development of young leaders in the county.
Both deals run until the end of the 2015-16 season.
Football Futures offers a wide range of opportunities enabling young leaders to gain experience across themes including refereeing, running events, running and developing the game, promoting the game and being a Respect ambassador.
Mr Harrod said: “Mark Harrod Ltd is delighted to be strengthening our ties with Suffolk FA by supporting the Football Futures programme.
“I believe that the programme offers young leaders a huge amount of experience that will prove invaluable not only to the football industry but also to the wider world.”
Paige Shorten, Football Futures lead officer at Suffolk FA, said: “This is a great opportunity for the Football Futures programme to be sponsored by Mark Harrod.
- 1 Revealed: The most isolated villages in Suffolk
- 2 Double-decker bus bought on eBay becomes new home for evicted Suffolk family
- 3 Protests against soaring fuel prices planned for Monday
- 4 Ambitious plans to regenerate 'dilapidated' part of Suffolk town revealed
- 5 Emergency services attending incident in Suffolk town
- 6 Mystery surrounds container ships at anchor off Suffolk coast
- 7 First cases of monkeypox reported in Suffolk
- 8 One of north Suffolk's 'most productive' arable farms up for sale
- 9 Torquay sign two released Ipswich Town players
- 10 Town accounts show Evans waived debt and impact of Covid on Blues
“We now have over 70 new Football Futures signed onto our programme in Suffolk. These young volunteers help support Suffolk FA and their local clubs every week so that ever player has the best experience when playing football in Suffolk.”
Anyone aged from 14 to 22 would like to get involved should contact Paige Shorten via email to email@example.com.
Mark Harrod Ltd is one of the UK’s leading sports equipment manufacturers and has supplying schools, colleges, local authorities, contractors and sports clubs all over the country for many years.
Lifelong Ipswich Town fan Mark Harrod is the club’s exclusive supplier of sports equipment, providing everything from training equipment to goals.