Staff at Weston Business Centre in Colchester mark 10th anniversary
- Credit: Archant
Staff at the Weston Business Centre in Colchester are celebrating its 10th anniversary as they prepare to welcome its latest new tenant.
The purpose-built facility, in Hawkins Road, opened in January 2008 since when it has provided space for hundreds of businesses including around 40 current tenants, plus 20 “virtual” tenants who have access to its businesses services and meeting rooms.
The centre also hosts a range of networking events, workshops and seminars.
Three of the centre’s original staff are celebrating their own 10th anniversary of working for Weston Business Centres Ltd ? assistant manager Julie Goriup, operations manager Hayley Pillings and receptionist Linda Turner.
Julie said: “Working at the centre while it grew, filling up with new clients, has been a very enjoyable time. Being part of their success as their businesses flourished is always rewarding. The diversity of these businesses makes the Centre an interesting place to work.”
You may also want to watch:
Hayley said: “The Weston Business Centre is a great place to work as it is a bright modern purpose built facility. It’s lovely being part of the close team running the centre, but also the clients make us feel part of their individual teams, as we are here to support them.”
The centre’s latest new tenant is Cooper Lomaz Recruitment which already has offices in Bury St Edmunds and Norwich and is to open a new branch at the centre in March.
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 3 'We're working tirelessly... I'm hopeful of new signings fairly shortly' - Town CEO Ashton on transfers
- 4 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 5 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 6 New beginnings, old faces and a return home - what to look for on 'fixtures day'
- 7 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 8 A&E under pressure as patient levels return to pre-pandemic levels
- 9 Ipswich to face army of familiar faces as Town draw U's in EFL Trophy
- 10 Sam Smith spotted in Suffolk - and could be recording a new album
“We have recently seen an increase in recruitment and care companies looking for office space,” said Chloe Gardner, sales and marketing executive at the centre.
“We are unique in the office space that we offer, as we attract from small start up businesses to larger companies looking to relocate and everything in between!”
Simon Brown, managing director of Cooper Lomaz, added: “We chose the Weston Business Centre for our expansion into Colchester due to the perfect balance of location, flexibility and facilities and we are looking forward to a successful partnership.”