Stansted Airport hits back at Which? Travel customer satisfactoin report
- Credit: Archant
Stansted Airport says its customer satisfaction ratings are improving – despite the findings of a Which? survey which put it next to last in a ranking of the UK’s biggest air terminals.
The Which? Travel report placed Stansted 12th out of 13 terminals handling more than 10m passengers a year, with a customer score of 38%. Only Luton Airport fared worse, with a score of 29%.
However, a spokesman at Stansted said the Which? survey involved just 558 people out of more than 25m passengers who have flown to and from the airport in the past year.
He added that, while the Which? report gave the airport only one star out of five for queues at security, the average time at Stansted was in fact six minutes or less, and results from independent customer surveys rated its shopping and restaurant area as one of the best in Europe.
The spokesman added: “Independent passenger surveys conducted at the airport show customer satisfaction ratings have improved over the last four years even though Stansted has added nearly 8m passengers during the period to now serve 25m passengers a year across 190 destinations.
You may also want to watch:
“We have already invested over £150m to enhance facilities and we have received planning permission to construct a new dedicated £130m arrivals building that will transform the passenger experience, customer service and provide more capacity in the years to come.
“In addition, and to help us keep pace with increased demand and improve the passenger experience, a number of projects around the airport are underway to provide additional check-in capacity, add more seating in the departure lounge and significantly increase car parking capacity.
- 1 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 2 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 3 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 4 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 6 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 7 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 8 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 9 Mapped: Number of places recording Covid cases doubles in last week
- 10 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
“This work will help improve customer service and add vital capacity during the period in advance of the new arrivals building becoming operational and the subsequent full transformation of the existing terminal.”
East of England airports fared better in the ranking of smaller terminals, with fewer than 10m passengers a year. Southend was placed second with a score of 84% and Norwich joint third on 75%.
However, last year’s combined annual passenger total for the two airports, of around 2.5m, is less than Stansted is currently handling in a single month.