More than 12,000 people work at Stansted Airport
- Credit: London Stansted Airport
Stansted Airport’s Jobs Fair brought more than 700 jobseekers to Novotel Stansted on Tuesday, aiming to land careers at the airport.
Marcela M’Rabety, head of corporate social responsibility at London Stansted said: “Our latest Jobs Fair has been a huge success, and we’re delighted with how many jobseekers visited the Novotel to see the huge range of opportunities on offer at the airport.
“These events are a fantastic chance for anyone looking to work in a dynamic, exciting industry to see just how many different roles there are at the airport.
“We had over 700 visitors, demonstrating how keen jobseekers are to meet potential employers face to face.”
London Stansted Airport is the biggest single-site employer in the region with more than 12,000 employees working for 200 on-site companies.
You may also want to watch:
William Woodward, senior duty manager at Jet2.com said: “With a major recruitment drive underway at London Stansted Airport, we were delighted to meet a range of candidates who were interested in the cabin crew, ground operations and flight deck positions that we have available.”
Free travel was available to all attendees thanks to partnerships with National Express, Stansted Express, Arriva, First Essex, Airport Bus Express and Cross Country Trains.
- 1 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 2 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 4 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 5 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 6 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 7 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 8 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 9 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 10 Truck's four-figure repair fee at Colchester garage left unpaid
The Jobs Fair was organised by the airport’s Employment and Skills Academy and it follows the recent opening of the Stansted Airport College, a partnership with Harlow College, which will train the next generation of talent for the aviation industry.