Stansted Airport joins drive to promote UK
STANSTED Airport has unveiled a major new advertising campaign in its iconic terminal to support the Government’s ‘GREAT Britain You’re Invited’ initiative.
The campaign is part of the UK’s drive to promote inbound tourism, attract new business and deliver long-term economic benefits in 2012 and beyond.
The airport, the busiest single terminal for overseas visitors arriving in the UK by air, has more scheduled connections across Europe than any other airport in the world.
Head of Public Affairs, Chris Wiggan, said the airport was “delighted” to lend its support to the Government-led campaign.
“Millions of foreign visitors already pass through our doors each year to take advantage of our direct and easy links to London and our excellent location in the eastern region, on the doorstep of the globally renowned University City of Cambridge, the world-famous Newmarket racecourse and idyllic Constable Country,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
Patricia Yates, Director of Strategy & Communications at VisitBritain said: “Having images throughout Stansted that shows what can be found across Britain helps us to highlight all that is great about the country as we look to significantly increase the number of people coming here each year.”
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 3 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 4 Busy high street taped off by police
- 5 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 6 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 7 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
- 8 'Too many men can cause a problem' - Ashton says quality, not quantity, is key in Town's squad rebuild
- 9 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches
- 10 Cyclist hurt in crash with car