Stansted Airport offers top tips on supply chain opportunities
- Credit: Archant
More than 120 delegates from local and regional businesses gathered at Stansted Airport last week to pick up some top tips about how to do business with companies at the airport.
The oversubscribed seminar, which took place on Tuesday, was sponsored by the airport and organised by BE Group and Marketing Kinetics. It is the forerunner for the airport’s main annual event, Meet the Buyers, scheduled for October.
Delegates were given an outline on how the airport procurement process works, advice on how to generate and develop new business ideas and tips on how to access the business support and networking opportunities.
Speaking at the event, Stansted Airport’s corporate social responsibility manager Marcella M’Rabety, said: “Stansted is committed to ensuring that local businesses gain a better understanding of the opportunities that might be available to them, and we’ve been delighted to work in partnership with BE Group and Marketing Kinetics in creating today’s inspirational seminars. The collective purchasing power of the 190 on-airport companies is enormous and by linking with local companies we can maximise the efficiency of our supply chains and ensure we deliver maximum economic benefit for our region.
“Momentum is also building towards this year’s Meet the Buyers event. Bookings have been fantastic and we have over 100 companies confirmed to participate. There are still spaces available – so there’s plenty of opportunity to get involved.”
You may also want to watch:
Meet the Buyers 2014 will be held at the Inflite Jet Centre, Stansted Airport on October 2. Last year 135 delegates representing 115 local businesses attended and met with local, regional and airport-based organisations. 1,000 sales appointments were pre-arranged between buyers and suppliers across the day generating £1.8million of new business orders. Businesses interested in finding out further information about Meet the Buyers can visit the website www.stanstedmtb.co.uk by telephoning 0207 700 0008 or e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
- 2 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 3 Wanted man arrested in Stowupland village
- 4 Thunderstorms expected to continue until Saturday in Suffolk and Essex
- 5 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 6 Pair arrested for alleged sex assault on young woman
- 7 Chambers on a 'Town core setting standards' at Colchester
- 8 Farmer's anger at 'utterly vile' dog owner who tied dog mess to gate lock
- 9 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 10 Pub near Stowmarket closes temporarily due to Covid-19 case