Stansted: Airport secures Atlantic Airways link with Faroe Islands for summer 2014
- Credit: Archant
Faroese flag carrier Atlantic Airways is to launch a twice-weekly summer schedule from Stansted to the Faroe Islands next summer.
Atlantic, which celebrated its 25th birthday earlier this year, will operate the flights on Mondays and Thursdays, from June 5 until August 25, with return fares booked online starting at around £239, including taxes, charges and booking fee.
Flights depart Stansted at 1005 on Monday, arriving in the Faroe Islands at 1230 and at 1220 , arrving 1440, on Thursdays. Return flights depart at 0700 Monday and 0915 Thursday, and arrive at Stansted at 0920 and 1135 respectively.
Atlantic Airways and tourist body, Visit Faroe Islands, have been working to add to the portfolio of UK operators offering the Faroe Islands, with Regent Holidays, Taber Holidays and Inntravel all now selling breaks in the islands, dubbed the world’s favourite unspoilt island destination by experts at National Geographic Traveler Magazine.
The new operators join Sunvil Discovery, which has offered holidays in the Faroe Islands for a
number of years.
Events on the islands next summer include the G! Festival, the islands’ own outdoor music extravaganza, in July, and the Summer Music Festival, in August.
- 1 London couple transform Suffolk home into an 'intimate' lifestyle retreat
- 2 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 3 Revealed: The most popular Suffolk fish and chip shop
- 4 Forbidden Suffolk: 5 more places you can’t visit in Suffolk
- 5 Two motorbikes stolen after break-in at Suffolk home
- 6 Suffolk woman stole thousands from football club and school
- 7 Former Town striker's front-to-back season could end in Wembley glory
- 8 Village suffers power cut for 7 hours after vehicle hits electricity pole
- 9 The night Town beat Real Madrid - and why they're still part of elite club
- 10 Inquest opened into human remains found by Suffolk river
Magni Arge, chief executive at Atlantic Airways, said: “We have been impressed by the team at Stansted and its desire to work closely with us to ensure the success of our 2014 summer service to the spectacular Faroe Islands.
“We are close to the UK at a time when people are looking for new and exciting experiences that
are perhaps closer to home. We hope many more people from the UK will visit our beautiful islands in 2014 and learn what makes ours a very special destination.”
Stansted’s managing director, Andrew Harrison, added: “I’m delighted Atlantic Airways has chosen to return to Stansted and look forward to welcoming the airline back onto the schedules next summer. This will be a popular connection and we will do all we can to support the launch of these new services.”