Stansted: Airport showcases 100 job vacancies at free jobs fair
Stansted Airport is showcasing 100 vacancies at a free jobs fair on Thursday, November 8.
The event, organised by the Stansted Employment and Skills Academy, is open to everyone and will offer information on the many different vacancies available across the airport, which is the biggest single site employer in the East of England, employing more than 10,000 people.
Companies attending include Dixons, The Body Shop, Yo! Sushi, Gourmet Hotdog, Crepe Affaire, restaurant group – TRG and Premier Inn.
This is the third airport jobs fair of 2012, following the success of similar events in April and June which attracted more than 500 jobseekers. Anita Garrard, manager of the Stansted Employment and Skills Academy, is anticipating similar numbers through the door next week.
“We’re expecting an extremely busy day with people coming from all parts of the region and London to see what opportunities there are at Stansted. Job seekers will be able to meet potential employers face to face, obtain careers advice, receive guidance about the application process and find out about our extensive free training opportunities,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
Earlier this year, Witham MP Priti Patel visited Stansted to see how the airport continues to create new jobs and training opportunities despite the current difficult economic conditions. She called in on the academy to hear about the jobs available and details of the comprehensive skills and training programme, designed to help potential employees improve their abilities and gain employment.
“Stansted is an important local employer and the Airport’s Employment and Training Academy is doing a tremendous job helping to get people the skills they need to find work,” she said.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 3 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 4 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 5 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 6 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 7 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 8 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 9 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 10 'Things might have been very different'... outgoing skipper Chambers reflects on that play-off season
The airport offers airport workers a wide range of public transport discounts via the Airport Travel Card which encourages staff to use public transport by offering savings on standard rail, bus and coach fares. The airport also operates a staff car share scheme, which is one of the largest of its kind in Europe.
The free job fair is being held at Enterprise House between 10am to 3pm on Thursday, November 8. Free parking is available in the short stay car park. For more information call 01279 661007, email email@example.com, or visit www.stanstedairportacademy.com.