Stanton: Strong land prices continue as £6million farm hits market
- Credit: Archant
A substantial residential farm near Bury St Edmunds is up for sale with a guide price tag of £6million.
Park Farm, Stanton, which includes 441 acres of Grade 2 and 3 land, is being marketed by estate agents Savills.
As well as a Grade II Listed four bedroom farmhouse, the farm comes with traditional farm buildings, a bungalow with an annexe and a large mobile home unit.
There is an unusually extensive range of modern farm buildings, including a 2,500 tonne grain store, and the vendors hold a lorry operating licence for a number of lorries and trailers which has been actively used for more than 30 years.
Peter Start of Savills Ipswich said the sale launch continues what has proved an active market in Suffolk this year which is attracting keen interest from a range of buyers and strong prices.
You may also want to watch:
“This is a substantial and well equipped residential farm in a popular farming area,” he said.
“Suffolk has already had a fair number of farms offered for sale this year. The market remains strong with good interest from buyers, both farmers and investors, often from other parts of the UK and also abroad. We have seen a definite appetite for residential farms again which in recent years had been affected by the wider economic recession. Bare land holdings are trading well and the sale prices we are agreeing in the county this year have all topped £10,000/acre, often by some margin, exceeding guide prices and expectations.”
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 3 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 6 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 7 Cook on Chambers, Skuse and whether Fleetwood clash could be their final Town game
- 8 Coach Gill leaves Town with Cook wanting to bring in 'fresh faces'
- 9 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 10 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results