Stanton: The Leaping Hare receives three-star rating from the Sustainable Restaurant Association
- Credit: Archant
The Leaping Hare at Stanton, near Bury St Edmunds, has received a top three-star rating from the Sustainable Restaurant Association (SRA).
It means that the restaurant, located at Wyken Vineyard, is officially the most sustainable in Suffolk and ranks alongside the likes of Raymond Blanc’s Le Manoir aux Quat’Saisons and Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall’s River Cottage.
The SRA rating system covers areas including local sourcing, the environment and social responsibility.
The Leaping Hare impressed the SRA with its strict adherence to a policy of sourcing everything from within a 10-mile radius, serving its customers high welfare meat from its own estate, organic fruit and vegetables and sustainably caught fish.
The SRA was also struck by The Leaping Hare’s active engagement with the local community, including its support for young employees who wish to attend the local college and the offer of school-friendly hours to working mothers.
You may also want to watch:
Owner Lady Carla Carlisle said: “We are very proud to earn our Three Star rating.
“It’s a great reward for all of the hard work of the whole team and we hope it demonstrates to our customers that we really do care not just about the quality of the food we serve them, but also about where it comes from and how we run the business.”
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe park
- 3 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 4 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before
- 5 A14 and A12 set for major upgrade work
- 6 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
- 7 Town face competition from Championship club for Rotherham midfielder Crooks
- 8 Busy high street taped off by police
- 9 Glass found in popular paddling pool forcing it to close
- 10 Two men arrested after police uncover cannabis farm
Mark Linehan, managing director of the SRA, said: “All our consumer research tells us that people want their dining experience to leave them with a good taste in the mouth, and not just because the food tastes good.
“The Leaping Hare is joining a growing group of restaurants that understand diners’ desire to know where their food comes from and how the business is run and it leading the way for other Suffolk restaurants.”