Steven Eagell acquires Ipswich Toyota and Lexus dealerships from Jardine Motors Group
- Credit: Andy russell
Eight Toyota and Lexus dealerships across Suffolk, Essex and Cambridgeshire have been acquired by Milton Keynes-based Steven Eagell from the Jardine Motors Group.
The deal, the value of which has not been disclosed, includes Toyota and Lexus sites in Ipswich and Cambridge and Toyota-only sites in Chelmsford, Rayleigh, Romford and St Ives.
They join Toyota dealerships already operated by Steven Eagell in Aylesbury, Bedford, Bishop’s Stortford, King’s Lynn, Letchworth, Luton, Milton Keynes, Northampton, Peterborough, St Albans and Watford, and a Lexus site in Hatfield.
Founder and managing director Steven Eagell said: “We are delighted to welcome our new colleagues to the team, and look forward to working with them in continuing to provide an excellent customer experience.
“This acquisition fits geographically and strategically with our growth ambitions, allowing us to further leverage our strong and long-standing relationship with our manufacturer partners, Toyota (GB) and Lexus (GB), to benefit our customers.”
He added: “A swift integration with minimum disruption is our top priority, along with delivering a first-class customer experience throughout these new territories.”
Jardine Motors, which previously operated the sites under the Lancaster brand, is part of the Bermuda-registered Jardine Matheson group, which is listed on the London Stock Exchange.
- 1 14 players that could solve Town's left-sided problem
- 2 Man dies after being found unresponsive in Sudbury river
- 3 Community sadness after death of man who was found in river
- 4 'We're blown away' - Classic car show visits care home after roadworks setback
- 5 Former Suffolk poultry farm site could be converted into homes
- 6 'New-look' Aldi store set to reopen in Sudbury, creating additional jobs
- 7 Fire crews tackle blaze for several hours at Suffolk farm
- 8 Historic former pub with permission to convert into homes set for auction
- 9 Bent names Town stars among his best-ever team-mates
- 10 Boy, 14, arrested after serious sex attack in Suffolk town is released
Stephen Eagell, which earlier this month was named best dealership group at the annual Toyota BRIT Awards, has also acquired the Lexus after-sales operation in Southend.