Plans submitted to demolish former dairy depot for new office block
- Credit: Archant
Plans have been submitted to demolish a derelict dairy-depot in Stowmarket to make way for a new four-storey office block.
The designs are for land off Prentice Road, near to the town’s train station. If planning permission is approved, the current open-sided building will be brought to the ground to allow for work to begin.
The new building, which will feature a ground floor car park and three floors of office space, aims to provide “flexible accommodation” for small enterprises and is likely to be most attractive to business start-ups.
The total floor space including the covered open ground floor level will be 1,120 square metres.
The company behind the plans, Wharfside Developments Ltd, said: “This application proposes a facility which will help shape the area as a focal point for Stowmarket’s emerging cluster of technology and manufacturing companies.”
You may also want to watch:
The plans will now go before Mid Suffolk District council who will decide whether or not to approve the designs.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 3 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 4 Woman's body found in village home
- 5 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 6 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 7 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 8 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 9 How many of these 11 award-winning Suffolk food businesses do you know?
- 10 'Things might have been very different'... outgoing skipper Chambers reflects on that play-off season