Stowmarket: Innovation award for Muntons at Food Ingredients Europe event
MALT and malted ingredients company Muntons has won an international award for a new product developed as a partial replacement for cocoa powder.
The Stowmarket-based company has blended a range of malted ingredients to create Maltichoc, which provides colour, aroma and flavour characteristics of cocoa when used in combination with the real thing.
Maltichoc has now picked up the Bakery Innovation award at the Food Ingredients Europe event in Paris, ahead of competition from international companies AIT Ingredients and National Starch Food Innovation.
Andrew Fuller, Muntons’ senior product development technologist, who collected the trophy, said: “Becoming a finalist was unexpected; to actually win the award was amazing ? to say I was chuffed would be an understatement!”
The inclusion of Maltichoc in baked products helps to retain moisture, improves texture and increases shelf life as well as offering a significant raw material cost reduction.
You may also want to watch:
On the morning of the awards day, Mr Fuller made a presentation to a panel of judges followed by a short question session about Maltichoc and its benefits.
The judges commented at the awards evening opn his passion for the product which they said came across strongly through his presentation.
- 1 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 5 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 6 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 7 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 8 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 9 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 10 Teenage county lines drug dealer handed suspended prison sentence