Stowmarket: Muntons claims a ‘world first’ with energy management accreditation
MALT and malted ingredients company Muntons has claimed an industry “first” by achieving ISO50001 accreditation for energy management.
The Stowmarket-based company, which has cut its gas and electricity use by 12% in the past 12 years, is said to be the first maltster in the world to gain the standard, which was introduced in the UK in July 2011 to promote best practice in managing energy efficiency.
It is the latest in a string of “green” honours for Muntons which was last recognised by The Manufacturer magazine as the UK’s most sustainable manufacturer in 2011 and has been included in the Sunday Times Best Green Company listing for the last four years.
A Muntons spokesman said: “Muntons has successfully met stringent targets for energy saving set by the Department for Energy and Climate Change and saved over 12% of gas and electrical energy used over the past 12 years.
“This has been achieved by involving staff at all levels, appointing a group energy manager and installing an energy monitoring and targeting system to capture significant energy use on our sites.”
You may also want to watch:
He added: “In addition to the two fundamental benefits that an energy management system brings – saving money by using less energy and reducing greenhouse gas emissions, there is another benefit.
“By adopting best practice as normal, you prove that your commitment is real and serious. Measurable results that are externally verified speak volumes when dealing with legislators, customers and employees.”
- 1 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 2 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 4 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 5 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 6 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 7 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'consider £350k bid' for keeper
- 8 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 9 'Absolutely the right manager for this football club' - Ashton backs Cook to turn Town around
- 10 Cyclist hurt in crash with car