Aldi team up with Suffolk sushi maker in huge deal
- Credit: Archant
A Suffolk sushi maker is rolling out its new product range across the nation’s Aldi stores after striking a fresh deal with the chain.
Stowmarket's Ichiban currently supplies the supermarket with around 40,000 Yumie Sushi Snack packs each week.
The new addition to the snack pots include smoked salmon, vegetable and vegan options.
MORE: What is going to happen to Ipswich's easyHotel?Karen Mitchell, head of commercial at Ichiban explained the line had been developed to meet consumers' desires to be more ethical.
"We created the Yumie Sushi range at the beginning of the year because we knew that there was growing demand in the food industry", she said.
"People are increasingly aware of ethical and healthier lifestyle choices with a growing number choosing to either follow a plant-based lifestyle or experiment with vegetarian and vegan options.
You may also want to watch:
"Our partnership with Aldi could prove to be transformational for our business and it's encouraging to see the new range is already flying off the shelves.
Ichiban employs 370 people at its site in Stowmarket, where it has been creating sushi for more than 10 years.
- 1 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 2 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 3 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 4 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 5 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 6 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
- 7 Covid infections mapped: 20 postcode areas report three or more cases
- 8 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
- 9 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 10 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches
Julie Ashfield, managing director of Buying at Aldi, added: "Working with British suppliers has been a key factor in our growth and this is an exciting new partnership.
"We're seeing huge demand for product innovation like the Yumie Sushi range and it's great that we can offer this to our customers."