More Suffolk and Essex towns to get ultra-fast fibre broadband
- Credit: Lincolnshire Photographers
More towns in Suffolk and north Essex will have access to ultra-fast internet speeds - thanks to an upgrade.
Households in Stowmarket, Clacton, Frinton, Maldon and Witham will have access to speeds of up to 1,000Mbps as part of Lightspeed Broadband's expansion.
Work to bring the service to 10 towns across Suffolk, Essex and Norfolk is due to commence in the autumn.
Overall, the company hopes to bring its full fibre network to 100,000 homes and businesses across the region by next year and 1million by 2025.
Steve Haines, Lightspeed Broadband chief executive, said: “We have been moving at ‘light speed’ to deliver our objectives to become a leading regional internet service provider and bring ultra-reliable, futureproof full fibre internet to thousands of homes and businesses across the East of England.
You may also want to watch:
"Adding 10 build locations across Norfolk, Suffolk and Essex to our initial 10 in West Norfolk and South Lincolnshire further strengthens our position in the region."
- 1 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 2 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 3 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 4 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 5 Empty shelves as 'pingdemic' takes its toll on Suffolk's supply chain
- 6 69 homes for Suffolk village delayed over 'bland' design
- 7 'I am very, very excited' - Town teenager Gibbs completes Norwich move
- 8 Crash between two motorbikes
- 9 Ipswich closing in on Coulson loan signing
- 10 Bin lorry driver ran over colleague's leg in Kesgrave