Stowmarket: Town boss, Sharon Brown, to close clothes shop
- Credit: Contributed
A TOWN centre manager’s shop has followed a number of businesses which have announced they will close in Stowmarket.
Sharon Brown’s clothing shop, Wardrobe, which has been open since 2006 in Bury Street, will close next month.
She said: “My shop is closing because I want to focus on my work with the town centre partnership. I’m moving from working two-and-a-half days a week to four.
“Trading remains very difficult, as it does in any town. It’s just a constant struggle for small business to survive.
“The high street names that have gone just prove how difficult it is for everybody.
You may also want to watch:
“I think we need fresh thinking in our high streets to come up with different ways of retailing, because currently, by the number of closures, we see we need to do something different.”
In the past few weeks the town has been hit by the closure of a several businesses including Blockbuster and Infuse restaurant. Quarry Clothing has announced a closing-down sale.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 3 Woman's body found in village home
- 4 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 5 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 6 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 7 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 8 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 9 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 10 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
However, pizza chain Domino’s has opened a fast food outlet.
Picture-frame specialist Stow Framing has just expanded into a bigger shop in Station Road West.
Owner Carol Kirkup, 53, said: “The move has been positive, we have got a lot of regular customers and there have been people who have said ‘I did not even know you were here’.
“If we moved near the high street, the rents are astronomical. Rent would be three or four times as much there. I would love to be in the high street but it’s not feasible.”