Stradbroke: Post Office to open in library
- Credit: PA
A community service is to return to a Suffolk village.
For nearly two years residents in Stradbroke, near Framlingham, have been without a post office, since the company decided to close its branch for operational reasons.
However the Post Office has decided to go ahead with the proposal to re-open its Stradbroke branch in Stradbroke Library.
The new home for the branch is only 100 metres away from the former base that closed its doors in July 2012.
Post Office regional network manager Julia Marwood said: “We understand how important post office services are to residents in Stradbroke and we are confident this new modern branch will meet the needs of the local community and secure services for the future.
You may also want to watch:
This modernisation is part of a major investment programme, the largest in the history of the Post Office and marks a commitment to no more branch closure programmes.”
Although a date for reopening has not yet been confirmed, the company believes it is likely to be towards the end of the summer. Posters will be displayed to advise customers of when the move will take place.
- 1 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 2 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 3 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 4 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 5 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 6 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 7 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 8 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 9 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 10 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
The branch will have the same opening hours as the library –Tuesdays from 2.30pm-5pm and 5.30pm-7.30pm, Thursdays from 10am-1pm and 2.30pm-5pm, Fridays from 2.30pm-5pm, Saturdays from 10am-12.30pm and Sundays 10am-3pm.
It will be closed on Mondays and Wednesdays.