National Express doubles services between Stratford and Stansted Aiport
- Credit: Archant
National Express have made it twice as easy for travellers to reach Stansted Airport by doubling the services it offers.
The coach provider has doubled the frequency of its A9 service from Stratford to Stanstead airport - creating more flexibility for holidaymakers using the hub.
The service, which takes about 50 minutes to reach the airport, will now be running every 15 minutes to cater for the growing number of people using public transport to reach the airport.
John Boughton, of National Express, said: “Our A9 service has gone from strength to strength, particularly over the past 12 months. We’re now as frequent as the train, just as quick, but cost less, so coach really is the smart option.”
Denise Rossiter, chief executive of Essex Chambers of Commerce, added “It is good to see that as Stansted Airport is growing, so too is the opportunity to get to and from the airport by public transport, and in particular by coach.
You may also want to watch:
“We welcome this increase in services from National Express, which we are sure will be of real benefit to not just the airport and its users but businesses and residents in Essex as well”.
- 1 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 2 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 3 Mapped: Number of places recording Covid cases doubles in last week
- 4 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 5 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 6 Patient in 90s will fight Ipswich Hospital parking fine
- 7 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 8 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 9 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 10 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL