Stylish make-over for country pub
A TRADITIONAL country pub in Essex is being transformed into a stylish new restaurant, creating up to 40 new jobs.
The Bull at Great Totham, between Colchester and Maldon, is undergoing an extensive refurbishment which will result in the launch of a fine dining restaurant, also catering for private parties and weddings, and a “gastropub” for more casual dining.
New owner David Milne, a businessman from nearby Wickham Bishops, is aiming to provide a standard of cuisine worthy of accolades and AA rosettes.
“We’ve set our sights on developing the very best restaurant for miles around, combining delicious food using the finest local ingredients, excellent customer service and a wonderful ambience set in beautiful surroundings,” he said.
“I’m very much looking forward to welcoming clientele from the local area, as well as those prepared to travel much further afield.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Milne has brought in interior design agency Concorde BGW, a specialist in the leisure industry, to oversee the refit, providing a blend of contemporary features but retaining the traditional appeal of the Grade II listed building. Reopening is scheduled for August.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 4 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 5 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 6 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 7 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 8 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 9 Patient in 90s will fight Ipswich Hospital parking fine
- 10 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo