Sudbury artist due to launch new business less than two weeks after having a baby
- Credit: Archant
A Sudbury mother and home-based artist who had her second baby less than a fortnight ago, will this weekend oversee another birth – that of her second enterprise, a shop and craft centre in the heart of the town.
Sarah-Marie Underhay had, until the arrival of daughter Rose, been combining looking after her three-year-old daughter Lexi with running her bespoke homewares and hand-painted toybox business, Sunflower Artistry, but plainly that was not enough.
The latest venture for this dynamic mother of two, Duck in Boots, opens in a Grade II listed retail unit in King Street this Saturday, “I am so excited to get to this moment, as is everyone involved,” said Sarah-Marie, who gave birth to he second daughter Rose ten days ago.
“There were a number of obstacles to overcome and on more than one occasion I thought it would never happen.
Of course, the fact that I was heavily pregnant towards the final stages didn’t help.”
You may also want to watch:
As well as being a shop, selling homewares, soft furnishings, toys and gifts, Duck in Boots will also offer crafts people the opportunity and space to showcase and sell their own beautiful hand-made products, both online using a click and collect service and in the store, which is located in the space that used to be the Sudbury EADT office.
Sarah Marie is also planning to hold regular workshops and teaching sessions for both adults and children in a wide variety of crafts at the store.
- 1 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 5 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 6 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 7 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 8 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 9 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 10 Teenage county lines drug dealer handed suspended prison sentence
Duck in Boots will be open from 9am on Saturday November 4.