Sudbury: Dairy company H Byham & Son celebrates centenary with a special delivery
- Credit: Archant
A dairy is celebrating its centenary with a special doorstep celebration.
H Byham & Son Limited, of Sudbury, has commissioned centenary milk bottles, which will be delivered to customers’ doorsteps to mark the milestone year.
It has been 50 years since the dairy’s name was last printed on milk bottles. The original style has been reproduced on one side of the bottle, with the anniversary dates and ‘100 years on the doorstep’ on the reverse.
H Byham & Son, which is known locally as Ballingdon Dairy, is a family-run business founded in 1913 by Henry Byham. It is now managed by his great grandsons Nigel & Henry Byham.
Nigel Byham said: “We are proud to be the fourth generation in our family business that has now reached 100 years of doorstep deliveries. The trade has certainly changed in that time but one thing that has remained constant is the service we have offered come rain or shine.
You may also want to watch:
“We have been serving some of our customer’s families through as many generations so hopefully they are testament to this. We are delighted to be celebrating this anniversary with them.”
As well its milk rounds, Ballingdon Dairy offers a varied range of products from water softener tablets to coal. These include bread and confectionery from its bakery at The Patisserie in Long Melford and groceries from its Spar shop, also known as the Dairy Stores in Great Cornard. Diversification has been key to maintaining its traditional service, it said.
- 1 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 2 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 3 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 4 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 5 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 6 Former Town assistant Taylor back in football
- 7 265 new homes set to be built off A14 at Stowmarket
- 8 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 9 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 10 Forward Sears completes Colchester return