Sudbury: Echo Barrier on track for major deals following Big 5 exhibition in Dubai
- Credit: Archant
Noise reduction company Echo Barrier has secured a number of major leads at the Big 5 building and construction show staged annually in Dubai.
The company, which has developed an innovative design of noise barrier, typically for use on building sites, opened offices in Dubai and Abu Dhabi earlier this year.
Echo Barrier, which is based in Sudbury, first exhibited at the event ? the biggest of its kind in the region ? in 2012 as a way of testing the market and secured a number of deals, prompting it to open the two new offices.
As a direct result of the event this year, deals are being negotiated not only in the Middle East and North Africa but also in the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, France, South Korea, Germany, Spain, Malaysia, Russia and Australia.
Peter Wilson, technical director, said: “We have had a really successful first year doing business in the Middle East, making some strong business contacts and building our brand. The success of exhibiting at the Dubai Big 5 has topped this off, and means we go into the new year with the future looking bright.”
Echo Barrier offers high-tech, market-leading solutions for controlling excessive noise.
Its systems make noise management simple, fast and highly effective, with its barriers being flexible, exceptional in their acoustic performance and easy to store, transport and fit. They were recently recognised by the Institute of Acoustics and Noise Abatement Society at its annual awards.
- 1 Suffolk woman and her three dogs die in London crash
- 2 Four-bedroom cottage on Dunwich clifftops for sale for £295k
- 3 Thunderstorm warning issued for East of England
- 4 Striking new seafront café opens its doors to customers after two-year wait
- 5 Man found unconscious in Ipswich alleyway following serious assault
- 6 Award-winning scotch egg producer takes over Melton butchers shop
- 7 Neighbours' tribute to crash victim who 'thought the world of her dogs'
- 8 West Suffolk Mexican restaurant named among best in the UK
- 9 Suffolk dog-friendly hotel named one of the best in the UK
- 10 6 gorgeous woodland escapes in Suffolk
The commercial benefits of noise reduction are enormous, including extending site operating hours (and so reducing operational costs), minimising noise complaints, enhancing company reputation and providing for an improved working environment.