Farmers’ market celebrates ‘amazing’ sponsorship deal
- Credit: Angie Bentley
A local law firm has got behind a farmers’ market which has enjoyed a marked turnaround since it was on the brink of closure six years ago.
In 2012, Justine Paul of Suffolk Market Events rescued Sudbury Farmers’ Market from the brink and the event now features around 30 high quality local producers.
Now local firm Steed & Steed has agreed to sponsore the event, which takes place on the last Friday of every month inside St Peter’s on Market Hill.
The market, which has gone from strength to strength, features a selection of produce ranging from vegetables to venison, brownies to beef and sausage rolls to sourdough.
Outside St Peters stalls sell everything from freshly-cooked Indian snacks to garden plants.
You may also want to watch:
Justine welcomed the tie-in with Steed and Steed, which has now been agreed.
“The farmers’ market is doing brilliantly but you must remember that the majority of our stallholders are hyper local, micro enterprises and it is vital that we keep costs as low as possible,” she said.
- 1 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 2 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 3 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 4 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 5 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 6 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 7 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 8 Teenage county lines drug dealer handed suspended prison sentence
- 9 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 10 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
“This means we run on a tiny budget and so to have financial investment from such an established and well respected business is absolutely amazing news for the market.
“Not only does it give us some budget for infrastructure such as new road signs and the chance to do some more extensive advertising but it also aligns us with the crème de la crème in Sudbury’s business circle and this can only be positive news for the farmers’ market going forward.
“We really are delighted, this is our first regular farmers’ market to be officially sponsored and we very much look forward to working with Steed & Steed.”
Steed & Steed will be available at every farmers’ market where customers can have a chat, be offered some advice and generally find out more about the work carried out at the branch in Gainsborough Street.
The markets take place between 9.30am and 2pm in St Peters. Visit the website www.suffolkmarketevents.co.uk for more information.
Justine Paul scooped the EADT Suffolk Food & Drink Hero Award in 2015 and Suffolk Market Events was one of the UK’s Top 100 Small Businesses in 2016.