Sudbury/Holland-on-Sea: Owner of Mill and Kingscliff hotels agrees operating deal with Legacy
- Credit: Archant
Hotel and leisure management services company Legacy has agreed a deal to run the Surya Hotels portfolio of four four-star hotels in the East of England, which will now operate under the Legacy brand.
Surya’s properties include the 62-bedroom Legacy Mill Hotel in Sudbury, which the company acquired from Elizabeth Hotels in 2010.
Also included in the deal are the 30-bedroom Legacy Kingscliff Hotel at Holland-on-Sea, the 43-bedroom Legacy Great Hallingbury Hotel near Bishop’s Stortford and the 79-bedroom Legacy Duke’s Head Hotel in King’s Lynn.
Andy Townsend, chief executive at Legacy Hotels and Resorts, which has its headquarters in Warwickshire, said: “We are delighted to have been entrusted with these great regional hotels – they are well positioned hotels with very enthusiastic teams.
“We are looking forward to operating in the East of England and developing each hotel which has benefited from significant investment over the past few years.
“Entering into business with Surya Hotels is an extremely exciting and significant development for us in our ninth year of trading – to have an investment partner with the desire and financial ability to acquire hotels assets and follow through with the funds to significantly refurbish and reposition the properties is a distinct strength to our growth plans.”
Surya Hotels’ former commercial director, Brian van Oosten, will join the Legacy senior team as regional operations director.
- 1 15 strikers that Ipswich Town could turn to for goals this summer
- 2 Plans for 20 homes in Suffolk village unanimously refused
- 3 Fire crews tackle blaze for several hours at Suffolk farm
- 4 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 5 5 miles of congestion on A14 after crash involving car and two lorries
- 6 Community sadness after death of man who was found in river
- 7 Woman freed from vehicle after car overturns near to shops
- 8 Family's support for 'mum-in-a-million' after double amputation for sepsis
- 9 Long delays on A14 near Ipswich after police called to hole in the road
- 10 Boy, 14, arrested after serious sex attack in Suffolk town is released
Mr Townsend added: “Surya Hotels is continuing its expansion plans with the acquisition of another two significant hotels in Surrey with a combined total of 183 bedrooms – our teams are preparing for the completion and handover which is scheduled to be before the end of May.”